♥ wed. weeklies: wk 2 ♥

These weekly post are harder than I had anticipated. It has been a little difficult to keep up with it all in the midst of home renovations and chronicle my events with pictures at the same time.....HOWEVER.....it IS still holding me accountable.....
with the kids...
We made some orange-honey bread together.
We even had to squeeze our own fresh orange juice for the bread, which happened to be the most exciting part.

We did get a little messy but that is the fun of it all. I am saddened to say that the bread did not turn out very well, the kids liked it, but I don't think we will make it again. We made some lemon bread last week and that was delicious.....maybe I will put the recipe up.....
(it was that good)
I don't know if I would call baking bread a craft.....but it was something that we did together. I have been finding it difficult to come up with crafts for the kids lately due to lack of supplies, everything I look up online has a long list of supplies. Maybe I need to start adding it to the grocery list.
(note to self: buy craft supplies)
For the home...

I stained the deck.....to protect it from the elements.

I helped finish the floors in the dining room and painted the door-jambs and baseboards that my husband so kindly put back up. We are getting there.....one step at a time.

Quiet time...



I wrote this little note on my chalkboard this morning because this is how I was feeling and maybe the happy bit had a little something to do with this weeks 'study'.


...........................................♥ My study was on behaviors and emotions......

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." --Romans 12:18

"In your anger do not sin':Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry." --Ephesians 4:26

Joy is the echo of God's life within us --Joseph Marmion

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." --1Peter 1:8

1 comment:

  1. Baking is definitely an art! (Coming from a baker *wink*) But I would definitely count it!
    I LOVE your new floors!

    ReplyDelete