♥ treasures ♥

I headed to the basement this past week to look for some of my childhood books I had put away for my kids to have one day. I was going to look through them to see if I had any beat up books with some cool illustrations in them that I might be able to use for some projects, when I found these........
First of all, the vintage wallpaper they are covered in is a treasure in and of itself, but when I opened them up look what I found.....

The smaller book is made up of short stories and poetry.....


A GOOD PLAY

We built a ship upon the stairs
All made of the back-bedroom chairs, And filled it full of sofa pillows
To go a-sailing on the billows....
We sailed along for days and days,
And had the very best of plays;
But Tom fell out and hurt his knee,
So there is no one left but me.


I will have to read this one to the kids tonight.....the picture intrigues me.

So needless-to-say these books are definite keepers. The night that I found them I read some of the stories to my kids and now I know that I can not depart from them. They even have little songs in them and Chloe has asked me to sing one every night since. I couldn't help but wonder if my Maw Maw once read them to my mother, since they were once hers. The coverings on the books also have some of the colors that I am adding to my living room, so now they sit out for all to enjoy. I love finding little treasures like these.

1 comment: