ch-ch-ch-changes

It's been a while.  I tend to do this often. I guess I like to take long needed breaks from blogging when I feel it is taking over more important things.  So here's to round 23...or something like that. I hope you don't mind. .........P-L-E-A-S-E don't mind.                                                                                                                      I have been busy with getting my oldest off to Kindergarten.  **sigh**  Such a bitter-sweet time.
It was only the second day of school when he asked me to just drop him off and not to walk him up.  I hesitated but agreed because he said that is what the big boys do. I then asked him for a kiss goodbye and he replied with a "NAH".  WHA?!?!?!?   HE IS ONLY 5!   This is all happening too fast!   
I have convinced him to at least give me a kiss goodbye...but when getting out of the car he now refers to me as MOM, my husband as DAD, and his sister as SISTER!  And he asked me to call him SON!  I don't know where he got this from, but that is what we do.  Seeing this little independence in him did make it a lot easier to send him off to Kindergarten for a couple of hours a day.  He loves it.

               There has been another major change around here.....
As some of you might already know, my husband has been pursuing a career as a Firefighter.   He has been working so hard and now I can say his hard work has paid off because he is now a Firefighter for our County.  I am so proud of him.  While it is only a part-time position it is a huge step forward and foot in the door. It does mean that we are still not quite settled and the search for a full-time position continues (Ugh!), but a long awaited step forward none-the-less. We are so thankful.
(I need to start taking more pictures because this is the only one of us together in quite some time....how sad)
This summer we have been busy doing a lot of camping and fishing.  It has been so much fun.  We haven't had a good streak at actually catching fish but thankfully we finally caught something in our last attempts.  It was quite exciting after having such a dry spell and a nice way to end the summer.
I don't know about you but now that I am getting into a routine again I am so ready for Autumn to come!  I love this season.  I can't wait for cozy clothes, comfort foods, leaves changing, and all that good stuff.  I just love fall.

                    ♥ ♥ ♥ So, here's to embracing changes, thankful hearts, and to Autumn. ♥ ♥ ♥  

No comments:

Post a Comment